TENDER # 2017-03
Prime and Chip Surface Treatment, Various Roads
Tender Closing: Friday, May 5th , 2017 at 11:45 a.m.
Tender Opening: Friday, May 5th, 2017 at 1:30 p.m.
Sealed Tenders clearly marked Tender-Surface Treatment-2017
will be received at the Municipal Office of
The Corporation of the Municipality of Magnetawan
4304 Highway 520
Lowest or any Tender not necessarily accepted
Tender: Surface Treatment - 2017
The Contractor has carefully examined the conditions and specification attached and referred to in this Contract, has carefully examined the site and work location and understands and accepts the said conditions and specifications, and for the prices set forth in this Tender, hereby offers to furnish all labour, equipment and materials, except as otherwise specified in this Contract, to complete the work in strict accordance with said conditions and specifications.
Attached to this Tender is a Certified Cheque, in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the total Tender, made payable to The Corporation of the Municipality of Magnetawan. The proceeds of this cheque shall, upon acceptance of the Tender, constitute a deposit which shall be forfeit to the Municipality if the Contractor fails to perform the work in accordance with the conditions and specifications referred to or contained in this Tender.
It is agreed that the Tender quantities are estimated only and may be increased or decreased by the Municipality without alteration of the Tender price. However, such increases or decreases shall not exceed twenty percent (20%).
It is also agreed that, upon acceptance in writing by the Municipality, this Tender Form becomes the “Agreement for the Performance of the Work” between the Contractor and the Municipality.
This offer shall be irrevocable for a period of thirty (30) calendar days following the date of Tender opening.
- Notification of Acceptance of Tender will be by telephone and written form of notice, to the address of the Contractor used on the bid form. The Date of Acceptance shall be deemed to be the date or receipt of the Acceptance Notice by the Contractor.
- A Tender may be voided by superseding it with a later Tender or letter of withdrawal, prior to the closing date and time.
- The successful bidder may file with the Municipality of Magnetawan, a completed Performance Bond. The Bond shall be signed and sealed by a recognised Bonding Company, in the amount of one hundred percent (100%) of the total estimated Tender. Upon receipt of such a bond, the Municipality of Magnetawan will return the Contractor’s Tender deposit cheque.
- The successful bidder shall deliver a certified copy of the Firm’s Public Liability and Property Damage Insurance Policy for the works, within ten (10) calendar days of receiving the Acceptance Notice. Coverage shall be at least two million dollars ($2,000,000) per occurrence in the name of the Municipality. Failure to provide such proof shall result in cancellation of the Contract and forfeiture of the bid deposit.
- The successful bidder shall also deliver proof of Workman’s Safety Insurance Board coverage within ten (10) calendar days of receiving the Acceptance Notice.
Basis of Rejection of Tender
Tenders not conforming to the following requirements will be disqualified:
1. Tender must be legible, in ink, typewritten, or by printer.
2. Tender must be in the possession of the Municipality of Magnetawan by the closing date and time and on form provided .
3. Tender must be signed and sealed by an authorized official of the bidding organization. A joint Tender must be signed and sealed by each Company.
Surface Treatment - 2017
I/We, promise to perform the work without undue
delay and complete the work by August 4th, 2017, given a work start date of July 24th, 2017.
Dated this day of , 2017.
Telephone Number: Fax Number:
Signature of Contractor
Please print name in full
: Witness or Firm seal
Surface Treatment - 2017
The Contractor shall complete the work by: August 4th, 2017
Start date shall not be later than July 24th, 2017, but may be a little earlier depending on the status of the advance preparation work by the Municipality such as ditching, culverts and ‘dig-outs’.
If the time limit above is not sufficient to permit completion by the Contractor working a normal number of hours, the Contractor shall make changes in his schedule to permit the work to be completed by the above date. Additional costs incurred shall be deemed to be included in the price bid for the works.
If the work is not completed by the above date, or by an amended date allowed by an approved extension of time, then the Contractor agrees to pay the Municipality a sum of five hundred dollars ($500) per calendar day for each day’s delay in finishing the work, excluding weekends.
1.01 Ontario Provincial Standard Specification and Form M-100
Form M-100 “General Conditions of Contract: and the Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications listed below apply on this Contract, unless otherwise stated in the attached Tender documents. The particular revision in effect at the time the Contract is advertised, shall apply. Where further detail or clarification is required, reference shall be made to the appropriate Ontario Provincial Standard Specification below, or to Form M-100. Form M-100 and the following specifications are available for review at the Office of the Municipal Clerk. Copies may be obtained from the Ministry of Transportation in Huntsville, Ontario.
- OPSS FORM 304.
- OPSS FORM 1006.
- OPSS FORM 501.
- OPSS FORM MUNI 330
- OPSS FORM 1103
- Ontario Traffic Manual Book 7
2.0 Payment, Hold Back, and Completion
Paragraphs 1-4, inclusive of Form M-100, Subsection 108-3, are canceled and replaced by the following paragraphs. Monthly payments will be paid for ninety percent (90%) of the estimated value of the work performed, within thirty (30) calendar days of certification of the work estimate by the Contractor. The Municipality shall approve the estimate after inspection.
In addition to the normal ten percent (10%) holdback, additional holdback, may be retained to cover any written liens submitted during the Contract as soon as possible following the certification by the Contractor and any sub-contractors. The Contractor shall return the certified final estimate and Worker’s Safety Insurance Board clearances within thirty (30) calendar days. Holdback not including an amount retained for unresolved claims will be released to the Contractor forty-five (45) calendar days after certification by the Municipality that the Contract in “complete”. (See the Construction Lien Act).
3.0 Performance Evaluation
Failure to execute the Contract in a competent manner shall result in the bidder’s disqualification from bidding on the Municipality’s contract for a period of two (2) years.
4.0 Hold Harmless
The contractor shall be responsible for any and all damages, or claims for damages or injuries or accidents done or caused by him/her or his/her employees or resulting from the prosecution of the works, or any of his/her operation, caused by reason of the existence or location or condition of works, or of any material, plant, or machinery used therein or which may happen by reason thereof or arising from any failure, neglect or omission on his/her part, or on the part of his/her employees to do or perform any or all of the several acts or things required to be done by him/her or them under this agreement and by these conditions and covenants and agrees to hold the Township of Carling harmless, and indemnified for all such damages and claims for damage.
Scope of Work, Surface Treatment - 2017
The segments requiring treatment are as follows;
See SCHEDULE A.
Schedule A delineates five (5) segments of road within the Municipality, constituting in total four point six (4.6) kilometres where surface treatment is required. Two segments totalling 2.2 km require full pulverization, base build up and a double lift of tar and chip. Two segments totalling 2.1 km requires only a single layer of tar and chip applied over the existing surface treatment, as a preservative layer. The fifth segment is 300 metres long and is currently gravel surface, requiring grading and a double lift of tar and chip. Surface width is generally 6.2m.
- The Granular A quantity is estimated based on a 75mm (3”) lift at the required locations. Specifically Golf Course Rd and Bay St.
- Generally a 2% cross fall from a centre-line crown is required, alternatively, the contractor may follow existing profile & section provided that positive surface run-off is maintained, on the newly finished surface.
- The Municipal road crew will attend to any required culvert replacements, base and sub-base repairs and ditching prior to commencement of re-surfacing operations.
- There shall be no sub-contracting of the work by the Contractor without the written approval of the Superintendent of Public Works.
- The Contractor is to provide all required equipment and materials required for the re-surfacing work. (There are several quarries in the area).
FORM OF TENDER
Bidder to refer to location and required work / quantities in Schedule A.
Golf Course Road $_________________(Cdn)
Bay Street $_________________(Cdn)
George Street $_________________(Cdn)
Old Highway Road E $_________________(Cdn)
Kirkpatrick Road $_________________(Cdn)
Sub- Total $_________________(Cdn)
Overall Total $_________________(Cdn)