The Municipality of Magnetawan is located in Parry Sound District, approximately three hours north of Toronto and under an hour from Huntsville, Parry Sound and North Bay. As part of Ontario’s cottage country, we are home to 1,500 full-time residents and a similar number of seasonal cottagers. The municipality is abundant in rivers, lakes, forests, and farms, and our two Villages – Magnetawan and Ahmic Harbour – are seasonal destinations for tourists year-round.
Magnetawan is a progressive, rural municipality with a Council and working culture that are highly supportive of professional and economic development; recreation and tourism initiatives, and creative problem solving.
The ideal candidate for this position is a recent college or university graduate looking to gain experience in all aspects of municipal administration.
HIGHLIGHT OF DUTIES
- performs the statutory duties of Deputy Clerk as defined in the Municipal Act
- prepares agendas, resolutions, by-laws, staff reports and minutes for Council meetings
- assists the Clerk-Administrator (C-A) in all aspects of the job as assigned
- explores process and policy alternatives and improvements
- researches funding opportunities and prepares funding applications
- assists the C-A with all matters related to land-use planning, including the review of applications for zoning by-law amendments, discussing options with residents and business owners, and liaising with the planning consultant and local planning authority
Applications must include a cover letter and resume and be delivered or submitted by email or mail to:
Andrew Farnsworth, Clerk-Administrator
PO Box 70, 4304 Hwy 520, Magnetawan, ON, P0A 1C0
All applications must be received by: Friday, April 28, 2017 by 12:00 PM