Tax Bills for the Municipality of Magnetawan are split into four (4) installments. The due dates for these installments are the last business day in March, June, September and November of the year.
Information from MPAC:
2020 Assessment Update https://www.mpac.ca/HowAssessmentWorks/2020AssessmentUpdate
Partner Update page https://www.mpac.ca/COVID19UpdatesourPartners
There are multiple ways to pay your taxes with the Municipality of Magnetawan. You can use online banking by setting the Municipality of Magnetawan up as a payee and utilize the last 15 digits of your property roll number (do not include the decimal point), as the account number. If you are paying through online banking, please ensure you have allotted the appropriate business days for processing. Check with your financial institution to ensure your payment will be received by the Municipality by the due date. We also accept payment by cash or cheque . We accept post dated cheques as well. Please allow sufficient time for your payment to reach the municipal office by the due date to avoid any interest charges.
Reminder notices are mailed out following each tax installment due date. These notices will only be mailed to properties showing arrears in excess of $10.00. Contact the Treasury Department if you have not received your Tax Notice. Interest and penalties will be added to all unpaid property taxes on the first day of each month after the due date. Failure to receive a bill does NOT relieve your responsibility to pay property taxes or any penalty charges.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who do I contact about the assessment of my home?
- The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is the organization responsible for assessment for properties across Ontario. The municipality receives assessments of properties from MPAC. If you have a question or concern regarding your property’s assessment please contact the local MPAC office at 705-645-8994 or email@example.com
How do I change my mailing address?
- In order to change the mailing address on your property file, please have the property owner contact the municipality with the correct or new mailing address at 705-387-3947 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I obtain a Tax Certificate?
- To obtain a tax certificate, you will need to provide a written request and a payment of $50.00 per property roll number to the Municipal Office.
Will I still receive a tax bill if my mortgage company pays my taxes?
- No, we only send a tax bill to the individual, company or corporation responsible for paying the tax notice. If you have a mortgage company paying your taxes and wish to still receive a tax notice, please contact the Municipal Office at 705-387-3947 or email@example.com
I didn’t receive my bill; what should I do?
- If you did not receive your tax notice, please contact the Municipal Office immediately to ensure the mailing address on the property file is correct.