The North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit (Health Unit) recognizes the efforts our district has put into following the COVID-19 public health protocols. With Halloween approaching, the Health Unit understands the community’s excitement about this ghoulish holiday; however, the Health Unit does not recommend door-to-door trick-or-treating or congregating with others outside of your household.
Some ways to balance Halloween fun with keeping yourself and your loved ones healthy include:
- Host a treat hunt with members of your household
- Host a virtual costume show with your friends
- Spend time bonding with those in your household by making homemade treats and decorations
- Decorate your house, this is a great opportunity for some crafty activities, like a tissue ghost
- Host your own monster mash dance party with people in your household
- Arrange for contactless delivery of spooky crafts or treats with friends and family
- Pick out some Halloween themed books to read together
The province is in the second wave of COVID-19. Now is not the time to become unconcerned. Please continue to follow the public health protocols by physical distancing, wearing a face covering in indoor public places including public transit and anywhere physical distancing is a challenge, wash or sanitize your hands often and cough and sneeze into your sleeve. Travel outside the home should be limited to attending school or work - if unable to work from home - essential trips for groceries, medication and medical appointments. Stay home when you feel sick or have symptoms and arrange to be tested.
By working together, we can continue to reduce the spread of COVID-19, keep our economy open and help save lives.
For more information, please visit: The North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit