The Northern Ontario Recovery Program is designed to help businesses adapt operations according to local public health guidelines, while protecting employees and customers.
Who is Eligible?
Northern Ontario businesses with at least one year of operations as of March 17, 2020 and were impacted by the Province of Ontario Emergency Order that closed all non-essential businesses on March 24, 2020.
What is Eligible?
Eligible projects will support the adaptation of business operations and practices to meet public health guidelines for operations under re-opening stages, and to support employee and consumer safety.
Eligible project costs include but are not limited to:
- Capital construction
- Leasehold improvements
- New or used equipment
- Restructuring of business operations
- Marketing for new business initiatives
- Personal Protective Equipment and customer/employee safety installations
- Other costs deemed necessary to complete the project at the discretion of the NOHFC
Applications will be accepted based on the following criteria:
- Northern Ontario businesses' evidence to support a loss of revenue or increase in expenses are directly attributed to the Province of Ontario Emergency Order related to the COVID - 19 pandemic
- Submission of financial history for the previous year of operation will be required.
- Eligible costs will be those incurred and paid after March 17, 2020.
- Funding will be in the form of a conditional contribution and will normally not exceed $25,000.
- NOHFC will cover 100% of eligible project costs.
- Applicants must demonstrate that the amount requested from NOHFC is incremental and does not duplicate other supports received.
What is Not Eligible?
Ineligible costs include, but are not limited to:
- Renovations not associated with meeting public health guidelines
- Business plans/strategic plans/feasibility studies etc.
- Assets acquired through operating leases
- Rolling stock
- Project management costs/consulting costs/administration costs
- Mineral exploration and mine development
- Cost of inventory
- Capital projects or leasehold improvements to residential or personal properties
- Fixed cost expenses
- Working capital
- Direct employee costs
- Funding is limited and will be on a first-come basis.
- The application window will run from October 1 to December 31, 2020.
- Applicants will be required to execute a legal agreement with NOHFC.
For more information regarding the Northern Ontario Recovery Program, please visit the: