BIRA : GRANT Broadband Internet for Remote Areas
The Broadband for Remote Areas (BIRA) project will provide grants to small- and medium- size enterprises (SME) located across Northern Ontario to assist with the purchase and installation of specialized equipment to provide two-way, high-speed internet services
Eligible applicants for the BIRA project may receive a reimbursement of up to 50% to a maximum of $1,500.
Traditional connectivity may not be available to many SMEs that are farther from the typical Internet Service Providers (ISP) area of coverage. This program will assist participating SMEs to achieve the minimum service level of 25 Mbps. Many SMEs are unable to utilize this technology because they lack the expertise or capital and it is preventing them from growing their business online.
- Established businesses operating on a full-time basis, with a valid Canadian BIN number, are eligible
- Established seasonal businesses, such as tourism operations, are also considered eligible.
- Businesses must be within NOHFC/FedNor northern Ontario boundaries
- Hobby and part-time businesses are not eligible.
- To ensure that you are eligible, please consult with our E-business Lead BEFORE purchasing the equipment. Upon receipt of your application, NEOnet will contact you regarding your eligibility.
Terms and Conditions of Payment
- Eligible applicants may receive a reimbursement of up to 50% to a maximum of $1500.
- Applicants will select a vendor; the E-Business Lead is available to assist you with the possible vendor in your area.
- You must complete a short exit survey/program evaluation for a claim to be processed.
- Once NEOnet has received all requisite documents, reviewed the final report, and the applicant has satisfied all other program requirements, we will issue reimbursement
Limited funding available so apply today at: neonet.on.ca/projects/bira