- File Size
- 247.5 KB
The Municipality of Magnetawan shares building services with the Town of Kearney.
If you wish to speak to the Building Department, it is best to book an appointment. To book an appointment please contact the Building Department.
Building Department Hours are subject to change based on the availability of the inspector and demand of inspections.
Changes to Building Department Permits and Inspection Services
As directed by Provincial Regulation made under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act.
Effective January 14, 2021 the Town of Magnetawan is temporarily halting inspections of non-essential construction projects as determined by the Government of Ontario. This decision is in accordance with the Provincial Regulation made under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, which requires all non-essential construction projects to cease construction
This decision will be in effect until further notice and will be updated pending further direction from the Province.
Essential construction projects include:
• Construction projects and services associated with the healthcare sector
• Construction projects and services required to ensure safe and reliable operation of critical provincial infrastructure
• Construction activities related to production or maintenance of personal protective equipment, medical devices, and other products directly related to combatting the COVID-19 pandemic
• Residential construction projects where a footing or above-grade structural permit has been granted, or where the project involves renovation to residential properties and construction was started before April 4, 2020
• Construction and maintenance activities necessary to temporarily close construction sites that have paused or are not active and to ensure public safety.
A complete list is available on the Government of Ontario’s “ list of essential workplaces “
Permit applications will continue to be reviewed for all types of construction. Building Permits will be processed but not issued.
Inspections will only be carried out on construction deemed essential by the Provincial Order above. Inspections for residential construction will continue where building permits have been issued and construction has started by January 13, 2021 for single family dwellings, semi-detached, townhouses, condominiums, mixed-use and other buildings, and alterations to residential properties where construction work started before January 13, 2021.
As always the final decision to inspect is that of the Building Inspector.
NOTE: The final decision to conduct inspections is that of the Inspector.
WE WILL CONTINUE TO PROVIDE AN EFFECTIVE AND EFFICIENT LEVEL OF SERVICE BASED ON OUR ABILITY WITHIN THE CURRENT LEVEL OF
THIS POLICY WILL BE REVIEWED ON A WEEKLY BASIS AND/OR REVISED AS REQUIRED.
For any questions regarding these forms please contact the Building Department.